Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sling App For iPhone


I was really pissed when I heard the Sling Box App for iPhone wouldn't work on 3G. In fact, I decided not to buy it. It also wouldn't work with my Sling Box AV which really got me mad. Here we have AT&T trying to rip us off so that we can't have our unlimited 3G use and probably will try to make us buy some crap from them, and we also have Sling Media trying to make us buy their newer model of Slingbox. Just a bunch of sales ploys. Well, of course when this crap goes down, people with brains work around it. I found out that if you have a jail broken iPhone, there are two programs to trick the iPhone in thinking it is using wi-fi, but it's really using 3G. Now that's a nice thing! So of course if you have a jailbroken iPhone you just read the forums and download the app. Then you buy the Sling Box app (which is a rip off, but this makes it worth it) for $30.00 plus tax (unbelievable) and you can use the app on 3G! Also, they lied: it works fine with the older Sling Boxes. Cool!! See, when you try to screw the people, the people screw back!

No comments:

Post a Comment