Monday, May 25, 2009

Pre Launch May Make People Very Mad


Ok, so we have two weeks to wait until the Palm Pre cell phone is released to the public. The problem is, it is being released in 4 ways: Radio Shack Stores, Best Buy Stores, Sprint Stores and of course online at Sprint. This is bad because the inventory will be spread out to 4 places. That means, according to rumors and comments by the higher ups, that the amount of phones will be very few at these spots. The other thing is that Best Buy stores will not make you pay $300.00 and then mail in a rebate for $100. They are supposed to just charge $200.00 out the door (for 2 year and upgrade contracts). This of course would be a good choice to pick up the Pre, but the Best Buy Stores will only have maybe 4 to 8 phones if you're lucky. So, what do I do? What does anyone do who wants one on launch day? Well, this situation is really not good for us. I figure an awful lot of folks will be pretty pissed that they waited in line or whatever and can't get one! I want one and don't know what I'm going to do yet. I'll figure it out a few days before June 6th, but I bet I will just be frustrated like a everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment