Monday, April 13, 2009

Government Money For TV Boxes?


This is really stupid: Just about anyone can get 2 Coupons for nothing from the US Government, that are worth $80.00 towards a purchase of Digital Converter Boxes. These will be necessary when the TV Stations go digital if you don't have cable or dish service (as if you didn't know).
Why is our Taxpayer money going for this? Simple: Government knows if the people can't watch TV, they will be pissed. I don't know if this is really the reason. I just think it is a waste of taxpayers money, but hey, if they are going to give me the coupons, why not take 'em? It might be the only thing they give me for a long long time. Usually they just take from me, so I got a couple of 'em. I will use one Box in the basement and then maybe give one to a friend or sell it. If you haven't gotten your coupons go to https://www.dtv2009.gov/ApplyCoupon.aspx
A good place for deals on the Boxes is http://www.meritline.com/default.aspx?

No comments:

Post a Comment